Friday, 22 August 2014

Interlude - Trip to the Gallery








As you may or may not know, I am currently studying a bachelor of visual arts and design at uni. I study four subjects, three that are all practicals because let's face it theory is not my forte.

I'd just thought I'd share some pictures from the MCA art gallery, my favourite work being the video installations by Japanese artist Tabaimo. We walked into a tunnel and became completely emersed by the installation. Bubbles appeared from underneath our feet as images begun morphing into one another whilst eerie yet soothing sounds filled our ears. It was memorising and I also thought 'whoa imagine this on acid.'

P.S my friend pictured above is called Leila and the first time I saw her come into class she had a clockwork orange bag and the following week she was wearing an Iggy Pop t'shirt. I just knew we were going to be good friends.

1 comment:

  1. I love all these photos, art galleries are always so fun. I need to go to MCA next time I'm in sydney!
    x

    frockled.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete