Thursday, 9 May 2013

9. - Sunset dreamer




















crop top - ebay, shorts thrifted for $1 (bargain!) boots - thrifted, belt - thrifted, bag - thrifted

Whoa check out the sunset mum and I captured the other day. We got a bit carried away taking photos of it and then we were like "hey aren't we meant to be doing something..?" Oh right taking outfit photos!

Anywayyyyy... this outfit. It would have to be my favourite outfit ever. And probably forever. Whoa now Caitlan that is a big statement to make you can't just go around saying that without making a commitment. but oh, i did. Sounds like I'm getting married or something. Do you Caitlan take this outfit to be your beloved? I DO. Okay maybe that is a bit dramatic but you get the picture. I just feel as if I am in the 60's/70's and if time travel existed you would find my dancing around at Woodstock but there ain't no such thing so it purely exists in my imagination.

I don't know what it is about clothing from this time period but I seriously feel as if by some strange occurrence in the universe I have a magnetic pull towards it. (whoops there I go being dramatic again). Like you know that scene in Donnie Darko when the weird blob is coming out of their bodies. Yeah that is me but to clothes. Since I've only been properly interested in fashion for about a year I would say I'm still learning what I like and don't like and what I can appreciate but there is just something about missoni prints, beige coloured anything and crotchet that I love. It is just some hippie instinct to go and pick up a halter top. Maybe it has something to do with what my grandma said that I was an old soul and should have been born in the 60s.

Hope you guys aren't getting sick of these boots either because they were the best op shop find by my friend Denis for all of 8 bucks.

So do any of you have a decade that you wish you could time travel back into?

6 comments:

  1. THIS OUTFIT <3

    And I completely agree with you about the 60s/70s vibe, so rad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh you are the SHIT. This outfit is the SHIT. So fucking perfect, it's hard to even comprehend. Can you send it all to me and especially that shirt? K thx bye.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my lordy are u beautiful or what!
    u r my bohemian baby 4 lyf

    ReplyDelete